Politics

(Posted by Audrey, '11)
I can’t get politics off my mind. With the election looming closer each day, I have become a ranting, raving feminist stereotype—the stuff of conservative Republican nightmares, trust me. Feministing.com, one of my fave blogs, posted these two youtube videos the other day that really struck a cord with me. They’re sarcastic little clips and they sum up my current sentiments exactly. What happened to the separation of church and state? The inalienable rights of man (and woman)? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Our constitution doesn’t state that all straight people are equal, it tells us that everyone, regardless of sexuality or gender, is equal. I am fed up with the right wing stomping all over the notions of equality and fairness and having the gall to declare themselves the moral voice of this nation. Please, for the sake of my rights and yours, VOTE for Barack Obama on November 4th and encourage everyone you know to do the same!
Gays for McCain
Women for McCain

**This post represents the political views of the specific blogger -- not necessarily everyone from the LGBTQ Center**

0 comments: